- Iranian airline pilot pleads for new civilian plane parts
- TEHRAN, Iran -- An Iranian pilot who guided an Iran Air Boeing passenger plane to a safe emergency landing last year despite broken front landing gear has launched a campaign to lift Western sanctions that restrict the import of civilian plane spare parts.
- Blended Wing Body Research Aircraft Flies For the First Time
- Blended Wing Body Research Aircraft Flies For the First TimeOttawa Citizen (blog)A modified Boeing Blended Wing Body research aircraft – designated the X-48C – recently flew for the first time at NASA's Dryden Flight Research Center at Edwards Air Force Base in California, according to Boeing. The remotely piloted X-48C aircraft ...and more
- Small plane crashes in central Illinois, killing 1
- TAYLORVILLE, Ill. — A small plane crashed in central Illinois on Saturday just moments after a group of skydivers jumped from the aircraft, authorities said. The pilot was killed.
- Blogger offers prize to help lure airline
Blogger offers prize to help lure airline
After flying JetBlue to Florida a few times in the last few years and deciding that it was the best airline to fill the void left by bankrupt Direct Air, Mr. Randell this year struck up something of an online acquaintance with the low-cost airline's ...
- Malaysia Airlines eyes 15% rise in passenger load from India
- Mumbai: Malaysia Airlines, the national carrier of Malaysia, expects 15 per cent growth of passenger load from India in 2012.
- Pilots angry as arbitrator rules in favor of Air Canada
- * Five-year agreement will run until April 1, 2016
* Air Canada says pact preserves compensation, benefits
- A sale on airline fees? American discounts preferred seat charge
- For a limited time, American Airlines will take 25% off the cost of choosing to fly in a preferred seat (just the seat fee, not off the cost of the ticket). The sale price of preferred seats -- usually aisle and window seats at the front of the plane -- start at $3 per flight for a limited time.
- Navy Conducts Pax River’s First Flight Of X-47B Unmanned Aircraft
- The Navy made Pax River history today after it conducted the naval air station’s historic first flight of the X-47B Unmanned Combat Air System (UCAS) demonstrator.
- Boeing Next-Generation 737 Performance Improvement Package Delivers on
- Customers of Boeing's [NYSE: BA] Next-Generation 737 are validating the benefits of the industry-leading Performance Improvement Package (PIP), one year after the first airplane PIP airplane was delivered. PIP combines aerodynamic and engine performance improvements to reduce fuel burn by up to 2 percent and is part of the continuous innovation on the world's best-selling airplane. More than 420 Next-Generation 737s have now been delivered with PIP.
- Solar Powered Airplane Makes First Intercontinental Round-trip Flight
- A unique airplane has just completed a 6,000 km journey, making the first solar-powered intercontinental round-trip air journey. Traveling between Europe and Africa, the Solar Impulse experimental solar airplane landed in Payerne, Switzerland at 08:30 pm local time on July 24, 2012. The trip began two months ago, on May 24 and so was not a test to see how fast it could make the trip, but to assess the endurance and reliability of the craft, as well as bringing awareness to more people of energy issues.
News From Planenews